What is Thermacell RF?

& does it work for cellulite treatment as well as skin tightening?

Radiofrequency for skin tightening such as Thermage

+2

I am not familiar with the device you mentioned but it appears, on line, to be familiar with Thermage which is used for skin tightening.  The cellulite improvement is questionable. In fact, some people do benefit from Thermage but others don't show the same good improvements with skin tightening, but for those people who refuse to consider surgical facial lifting, Thermage may provide tightening and lifting without surgery but not to the same extent as a face lift.

Treat cellulite with Cellulaze

+1

The best treatment for cellulite is Cellulaze. Consult with your surgeon to find out if this is a good fit for you. Cellulaze will rid you of the lumpy uneven skin with a laser beneath the skin to transmit energy to simultaneously smooth out fat cells and heat dermal tissue.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Effective cellulite treatment

+1

I would recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze for long lasting treatment of cellulite

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze for your cellulite, as thermacell RF only treats some of the causes of cellulite.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would not suggest Thermacell RF as a treatment option. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD