I Want to Know Will Micro Fat Grafting Fill out a 6 Mm Temporal Hollowing? How Much Fat Will Survive?

Hello there, i want to get fat grafted to my temporal areas (micro fat grafting), i just want to know or in anyone's experience can it fill out that much of a hollowing? and will or might i require a second procedure to achieve desired results? thanks alot.

​Fat Injection for Depressions in the Temples

+1

Hollowing of the temple areas is rather common in the aging face. Fat graft to this area can correct this problem. Fat grafting is technique dependent, so search for a surgeon with lots of experience and with the latest techniques. Different parts of body have different percentage rate of retention. In the temple I would expect about 60% retention, so some overcorrection would be required. Another technique that works quite well, is a special technique of Juvederm injecting. This is a simpler procedure with results that last for years.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Temporal Fat Grafting

+1

Most fillers do well in the temporal region and can make a dramatic difference for a more youthful appearance. I have used many types of fillers, including hyaluronic acids, radiesse, sculptra and fat grafting with excellent results with each of them. No one knows for sure how much fat will survive but it is usually around 70%. The muscles used for chewing are in this region and so it is best to avoid alot of chewing for a couple of weeks after surgery and just eat soft or liquid foods. Too much movement of these muscles may disrupt the new blood vessels forming around the grafted fat cells and make them less likely to survive. Good luck!

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Fat Grafting vs Implants for Temporal Hollowing

+1

Fat grafting is unpredictable so no one can tell you exactly what percent will survive in any patient for any particular site. If you do fat grafting to the temples, you have to understand that there is a possibility of the need for a second procedure to optimize the results. For a 6mm temporal hollowing, the only guaranteed one treatment permanent solution would be subfascial temporal implants which are a very easy to do with virtually no recovery even though it a surgical procedure. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Fat grafting to the temples

+1

Fat grafting works very well in the temple region. The main advantage that fat grafting offers is that it can give you a permanent result. Results with fat grafting are variable depending on the technique used and the experience of your surgeon. 

On average, I generally expect 70% of the injected fat to survive.

Dr. Jamil Asaria, FACE Toronto

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dilute Juvederm or microfat both work very well for temporal hollowing.

+1

Hi.

This is a fairly common problem which can be effectively corrected.  We use more Juvederm because it does not require any anesthesia.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)