Hello There, I Am Thinking of Having Radiesse Filler Injected into my Temples for Volume, Where Exactly is It Injected?

I am confused, where exactly is radiesse injected into the temples? is it under the skin or under the muscle? under which facial layer exactly? thanks.

+2

You can find alot of opinions by searching the web. Fat is often placed under the skin in the temple area. I like to place both Radiesse and Sculptra under the temporalis muscle. This is a very deep injection that provides re-volumization of the entire temple region and a very nice contour. My best advice to you is to find an experienced injector who knows the anatomy and understands exactly what they are doing. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for temple areas

+1

As we age, we lose bone and fat in the temples, resulting in a hollow appearance.  Fillers can be a great tool to restore volume to this area and create a more youthful appearance.  This is an off-label location to inject.  Techniques vary, but generally, placing the filler deeply, above the bone (and below muscle) is safest, because there is less of a risk of injecting into a blood vessel.  Although hyaluronic acid, Radiesse, and Sculptra can all be used in this area, I tend to prefer Sculptra.  It's very important to see a board certified dermatologist with cosmetic experience.  

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Where exactly is Radiesse injected in temples?

+1

Typically Radiesse is injected deep under the muscle into the temporal fossa. This results in volumizing and lifting out the temporal hollow.  However, there is a new cannula technique emerging with HA fillers that allows you to place the product more superficially, possibly using less product. We are seeing nice corrections with this technique too.

Sam Naficy, MD

Radiesse and Level of Injection

+1

Radiesse is hydroxyapatite filler, and as it is a structurally similar to bone, this should be injected onto the bone. 

Radiesse - What Level?

+1

Radiesse is generally considered to be a subdermal filler (ie, below the level of the skin but not into deeper tissues, such as the muscles).  It is a long-lasting semi-permanent filler, lasting on average 12-18 months though longer on occasion.  Different physicians may use it differently and not necessarily incorrectly; this may include intramuscular or submuscular, as evidenced by some of the answers already posted on this forum.  Its most common location, however, is subdermal (subcutaneous).

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Radiesse or Sculptra work well at the temples

+1

Both Radiesse and Sculptra can help replenish the volume we all lose at eht temples. Both are placed deeply, giving a smooth contour.  We use a cannula for this as it is more comfortable and reduces the likelihood of a bruise.

Both products are good. Radiesse will give immediate results, wheras Sculptra will build, but may last longer.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Temple areas

+1

I have used both Radiesse and Sculptra for the temple area. Every surgeon has his or her preference, but I typically will inject behind the temporalis muscle. It's a deep injection. The fullness is more even and smooth than shallow injection. Both Radiesse and Sculptra can last up to 1- 2 years depending on the amount injected. There are other alternatives such as fat grafting or acellular dermal matrix (ADM) grafting. They are placed on different layer. Make a consultation with a well experienced plastic surgeon who's familiar with all the techniques and who's able to give you objective comparisons among all the treatment options.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Radiesse may be place either under the skin or under the muscle in the temple area

+1

Radiesse gives nice results in the temple area.  It may be placed directly under the skin or deep under the muscle.  When soft augmentation is done in the temple area, care must be taken to avoid intra-vascular injection.  This is an area that has had a very rare occurrence of blindness. 

Using a microcannula can help reduce this risk.

Good luck finding information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse to temples

+1

Radiesse is good to use on the temples, but I would advise you of a few things. 1. There is no counter product to Radiesse, so if you don't like it, it has to stay until it goes away which can be a year or so. 2. I rarely recommend that people who've never had fillers before start with Radiesse for the reason stated above. Restylane and Juvederm can be done in the same area, and while they don't last quite as long, they will give you a good idea of how it can look with a longer-lasting filler like Radiesse. Radiesse can be injected into different depths, but it absolutely must be done by a very experienced (board-certified!) physician injector.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse for temples

+1

Radiesse can be used to provide more volume to the temples.  In regards to which level the Radiesse is injected, it is really up to the treating physician.  Quite frankly, it should give you a good result whether it is injected under the skin or under the muscle.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon