Is There Anyway to Get Your Nose Back to the Way It Was Before a Tip Plasty? (photo)

I had surgery February I had surgery to correct my bulbous nose tip. It was overly big, but I over analysed it and had surgery. Even the day of surgery I wasn't sure, but I did. It has been 5-6 months since then and I hate my new nose. The lateral side of my nose now look to wide and my nose look way to small. The doctor said he took 5cm of each side to make my nose the way it is now. Is there anyway to get my tip back the way it was? I kind of miss it and I now know I made a huge mistake.

+1

Forget about your old tip. Sorry but it is gone. You might be able to get have it restored close to what it was but you will never have the same tip back. Your surgeon took 5mm's not 5 cm's. 5cm's would be almost all of your tip. I just want to clarify that with you. 6 months out you still have swelling that will resolve with time. For what it is worth I think you tip looks so great!! Be patient and wait this out because in the next 6 months your lymphatics will begin to work better and decrease swelling and the skin will start to conform better. I do like steroids but only if you surgeon feels it is needed. You would have to have a specific area of scarring that your surgeon thinks they can soften or manipulate. Do not mistaken this for thinking steroids will totally change the shape of your tip because it will not. I do many nose surgeries and being patient for the final result is a must. You might still be unhappy and if you are you need to think about revision surgery hard. Having a second and third procedure trying to get your old tip back will never happen.

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear BellainLove,

-Has your plastic surgeon tried steroid injections?

-It would be best to have a look and feel of the nose, you can find many rhinoplasty surgeons who will waive their consultation fee if you do not get the care you want from your original surgeon

-All is not lost, there may be some swelling left to resolve, honestly, a second or third opinion may help set your mind at ease where you can explore your options.

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty revision.

+1

For 35 years I have done revision rhinoplasty on noses like yours. I would need to see and feel your nose to give you a proper answer. 

As Before

+1

No, not exactly as before.  However, an experienced Cosmetic Rhinoplastic Surgeon can help reconstruct your nose if you make the effort to consult with them.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restoring Nose To The Pre-Op State

+1

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your results.

That being said, it is not possible to restore your nose to the same exact state it was at before your surgery because possible modifications and reductions may have taken place.

Therefore, even the usage of grafts and spreaders may be adopted the way your nasal tissue will handle them is not 100% guaranteed to restore what was the look before your initial surgery.

However, at 6 months post-op final results are not fully established. So, I recommend that you be a little more patient waiting to have all your swelling resolved and your full recovery assumed. Then, if you remain unsatisfied with your surgery a corrective approach may be your best bet.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform your revision surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS