Is There Something Wrong with my Breasts? (photo)

I'm 18 years old, 130pounds and 5'4. I have an A cup and always have, the abnormal thing is that I am not petite so i shouldn't have small breast and all of the females in my family have rather large breasts, my younger sister even has larger ones then me. As you can see my breasts are not rounded at all they have no shape, and little tissue to fill them out. This makes me really self conscious and I want to know if there is anything wrong with my breasts or will they continue to grow?

There is nothing wrong with small breasts.

+1

Your breasts are small relatively speaking. If they are too small for you that can be corrected with breast augmentation. Otherwise leave them alone.

Breast Growth Has Ceased

+1

Thanks for your photos.  I am going to assume that at age 18 you have had your period and if so then breast development has stopped.  You should not expect much change.  You may want to visit with a PS to see if breast augmentation can give you the breast shape/size  and overall proportions you desire.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Are My Breasts Normal?

+1

At 18 years of age, most of your breast development has occurred give or take a couple of years, but it wouldn't be anything significant.  There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your breasts.  They are slightly asymmetric (everyone has a little asymmetry) and just on the smaller side.  If you are self-conscious, then you may want to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss a breast augmentation procedure.  From the photos, you seem to be a good candidate! ac  

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast development

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  In reviewing the pictures, your breasts are relatively symmetric but small.  Fortunately and unfortunately, breasts come in all sizes and shapes.  There are "aesthetic ideals" but no real "normal".  In women, breast development begins at puberty and typically ends around age 15-17.  By age 18, most of the breast development has usually occurred.  There are always exceptions to the "rules".  So, in summary, there is nothing wrong with your breasts, but they are not likely to continue to develop.  

Hope that helps.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

They appear normal to me

+1

Other than perhaps some mild tightness, or constriction, at the bottom, your breasts appear normal to me.  You are still developing, so they most certainly can still increase in size.  Also, if and when you become pregnant, they can increase then too.  In the meantime, if you are sufficiently bothered by your breast size, you would make an appropriate candidate for breast augmentation provided that you are otherwise healthy.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Normal Breasts

+1

Your breasts are perfectly normal. Unfortunately they are unlikely to ever grow a significant degree to match your body proportions.

The positive is that you would achieve a very good result with a considered breast augmentation.

You need not do anything as your breasts are normal but if your levels of self-consciousness create significant anxiety, see a plastic surgeon and weigh up your options.

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Is There Something Wrong with my Breasts?

+1

No there is nothing abnormal about your breasts. And yes they can still increase in size til the age of 21 +/-. Genetic/anatomic variations are common in families. You can always have implants or fat grafting to increase the size. 

+1

There is nothing wrong with your breasts.  If you want them to be larger, you could consider augmentation.  The breasts are usually developed fully by 18 but growth after that age is possible.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Small breast and options

+1

At 18 you are probably not going to grow anymore.  You may wnat to consider breast augmentation and be examined in person. Good luck.

Is There Something Wrong With My Breast?

+1

Looking at your photos, I do not see anything wrong with your breast.  They are a little small, and you could benefit from Breast Augmentation Surgery. If this is of interest to you, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your expectations and concerns.  Best of luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD