Are There Ways to Improve Cottage Cheese Effect After SmartLipo? (photo)

30yr old had smartlipo on my upper and lower abdomen 1yr and a half ago and have had this unflattering what I call cottage cheese effect like older person skin for the last 6-7 months. I have gained some of the weight back but still looks better than before surgery but just not as smooth as my normal skin looked pre surg. I am wondering if there is any way to make it look better. I have been using post partum lotion to try and firm the skin with little to no results. Any advice would be helpful.

Are There Ways to Improve Cottage Cheese Effect After SmartLipo?

+2

I think that if there is additional fat amenable to liposuction, I would liposuction the area again to free the scar tissue and even the thickness of the flaps.  You will have to find a plastic surgeon who performs these types of surgeries on a daily basis to get the best result.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Healing phase of Smartlipo

+1

Let your body heal completely before you consider having any other procedure, be sure to follow up with your surgeon to look at your healing process. Your skin will become tighter after having the Smartlipo procedure, after 6 months you can always look into the Cellulaze procedure as well.

Bruce E. Katz, MD