Is There Anything That Can Be Done About This Vein Between my Eyes? (photo)

Ugh... I hate this vein or whatever it is between my eyes! It stands out horribly in pictures! I'm considering rhinoplasty... is it possible that rhinoplasty could have any effect on that area? Botox perhaps? I iust

Bump between eyes looks like muscle not vein

+3

Thank you for your question. I agree with others that you need a physical examination by a plastic surgeon to diagnose the cause of the bump between your eyes.

I can say the rhinoplasty will not correct what I see in your photograph.

if when you frown the bump gets larger it may be procerus or corrugator muscle and if it is then Botox certainly may help

.Please get a diagnosis first by a reputable plastic surgeon and avoid surgical techniques which may cause scarring that would be worse than the bump that you see now. Hopefully it is procerus muscle and can be easily remedied by Botox.

Is There Anything That Can Be Done About This Vein Between my Eyes?

+2

Agree with Dr DeMars, but only IN PERSON evaluation could allow the doctor to determine if ligation would be the best answer. 

Vein Between my Eyes

+2

Neither Botox nor rhinoplasty will remove that vein. On occassion I have seen patients with this complaint and done two small incisions, one high and one low, to ligate or tie off the vein. It then disappears. There would be two tiny scars, so you have to decide if that is acceptable. There are other ways to ablate veins, but may not be safe in that area. Google vein sclerosis for  surgeons in your area that can give you a further answer.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Vein Between Eyes

+1

Hi! Thank you for your question, I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).  I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

To answer your question, laser treatments can help make the vein disappear in that area. I strongly advise that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you would be a good candidate for laser treatments.

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD