Is There a Way to Undo Radiesse or to Shorten It Lifespan?

I went to my doctor's seeking a filler to even out and fill in my smile folds. The doctor had a two for one syringe sale of Radiesse, and talked me into filling in around the chin area. Now, I look like I have a case of mumps. Chipmunk cheeks, swollen along just above the jawline. What can be done now?

Radiesse Too Much Injected

+1

Unfortunately, Radiesse should be injected carefully, because there is no enzymatic degrading product.

Undo Radiesse?

+1

There is unfortunately not a way to reduce, minimize or "dissolve" Radiesse, as there is with the hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm and Belotero, for which hyaluronidase can be injected.  There is a certain degree of swelling with any injection, including Radiesse, so if this is a very early issue (several days to a week) then you can expect some of what you're seeing to go down on its own.  For the remainder, though, you'll just have to wait it out...and for Radiesse, which is a relatively long-lasting semi-permanent injectable, that can take over a year.  Sorry.

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Unhappy with Radiesse

+1

You didn't mention how long it's been since your injection. Perhaps you're still in the healing phase, where the bulging you're experiencing is just transient swelling. However, if you're still feeling lumps, I recommend massaging the area between your fingers (put your thumb beneath your upper lip and your other fingers on the outer part of the lip) to help break up the substance.

Can Radiesse be Reversed?

+1

Hi Lewes.  The great thing about long lasting fillers is they last a long time.  The bad thing about them is they cannot be reversed.  Hyaluronic acid based fillers like Restylane, Juvederm and Perlane can easily be reversed with hyaluronidase. Radiesse is not the same because it is made out of calcium microspheres.  For this reason, you will need to wait for the product to dissipate.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/radiesse-injections-overview.aspx

Is there a way to undo Radiesse or shorten it's lifespan?

+1

There is little that can be done to undo or shorten the life span of Radiesse once it is injected. But since you didn't mention how long ago it was injected it may still be swelling that you don't like.  2 syringes of Radiesse is equivilent to less than a teaspoon of product so unless it was placed in a totally wrong spot it's hard to imagine it being too much product. It will probably look a lot better when the swelling goes down.

There is no successful treatment to dissolve Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is a wonderful product if done correctly.  Unfortunately, there is not a successful treatment to dissolve this product.  If the treatment was recent, you may still be experiencing swelling which may persisit for up to 6 weeks.  For localized nodules (bumps) of Radiesse, there have been reports of lasers and injections which have been helpful to dissolve the bumps, but these treatments have not been beneficial for large volumes of Radiesse.  The Radiesse product will diminish somewhat over the next 3 months and will likely resolve within 12 months.

Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse Duration...

+1

Unfortunately, there is nothing to reverse Radiesse except for time.  You may still have swelling that can be resolving.  Radiesse typically will last anywhere from 6 months to 1 year.  Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina PlasticSurgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/plastic_surgery/radiesse.cfm

+1

Fillers have no inherent magic in themselves bvut rather it's important for you to find a surgeon or MD that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face.  Radiesse will dissolve within 1 year and there are no solutions that will dissolve it any faster.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Swelling after injections of Radiesse

+1

It is not clear from your question as to how long it is since your injection of Radiesse to what sounds like your marionette lines or lower smile lines.  If it has only been a couple of days, swelling is completely normal so be patient.  Give it at least a month before you pass judgment but I will bet that if you liked what you saw right after the injection you will love the look in a week or two.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon