Why is there a triangular slit on left nostril? (photo)

I am 5 weeks post op from an open revision rhinoplasty and have noticed a triangular slit on my left nostril about two weeks ago. I believe this slit has become a lot more noticeable with every passing week. What could be attributing to this and will this be a part of my permanent result? Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Nostil deformity after rhinoplasty

+1
I'm not sure what you are talking about unless you mean on the right side where the nostril arch is more pointed upward.  This can be from multiple factors, but usually it is due to suture techniques used to shape the tip cartilages causing upward traction on the nostril.  Other maneuvers that cause any scar contracture under the skin can cause a upward notching of the nostril arch.

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your tip is still swollen only five weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty.

+1
The visible indentation of your left supra-alar crease appears to be your concern. The right side of your tip appears more swollen than your left, so you are not seeing your final result. If this indentation continues to worsen, you may consider consulting a dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the art of off-label Silikon-1000 nasal injections for permanent results. Right now you should not worry, and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon