Is There a Treatment to Strengthen Sensitive Skin?

I am a 20 year old with sensitive skin that has become extremely sensitive after a sunburn. Every pimple I get hyperpigments and I can only put aloe vera, Clinique Moisture Surge and sometimes not even that. I am wondering if there are any treatments that can thicken sensitive skin. I did go to a dermatologist about this and he prescribed me Bionect hylaraunic acid cream, I tried it on my face two or three times but always redness and irritation.

Treatment of sensitve skin

+1

Skin sensitivity can be due to multiple factors that could be inherent to your own skin or due to external causes where you are using products too harsh for your skin where you have developed an irritant dermatitis or even a true allergic form of dermatitis.  One product line that used to be dispensed by physicians only but has now gone mainstream that I still like is LaRoche Posay.   Their line for 'sensitive skin' is called Toleriane.  I would suggest using the DermoCleanser over the foaming cleanser followed by either the Toleriane cream if you are really dry or the lotion if you are not.  If you have tried this and still struggling, time to see a dermatologist.

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Strenghten sensitive skin

+1

There is no way to strenghten sensitive skin. Hyaluronic acid can even irritate normal skin. Sunscreen on a daily basis is important to prevent your skin from getting thinner. To prevent irritation from sunscreen use one that just has titanium dioxide or zinc oxide as the only components. You could also be patched tested to see what chemicals you should avoid  putting on your skin.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.