Are There Any Topical Creams That Get Rid of Broken Capillaries?

I suffer from rosacea and was wondering if there was an alternative to laser treatments.

Treating Broken Capillaries

+1

Thank you for your question. There really aren't great options to reverse redness due to broken capillaries. You can prevent them from getting worse by daily sunblock and prescription creams  Laser is the treatment of choice for rosacea. Be sure to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser surgery for the best and safest results. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Use of creams to clear broken capillaries

+1

Various laser (e.g. VBeam) and light devices (e.g. IPL, BBL) can be used to remove or fade broken blood vessels and capillaries, but there are NO creams on the market that can achieve the same results.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Broken Capillaries on the Face

+1

There is no cream that will get rid of facial broken capillaries, and certain environments (heat, sun) or foods (caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, spicy foods) can actually aggravate them.  The best treatments for getting rid of broken capillaries are electrosurgery (where they are superficially cauterized) or laser treatments. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist to discuss topical medications and creams that can help control the rosacea and then discuss the possibility of treating the capillaries more aggressively. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Creams don't help broken capillaries

+1

Topical and oral medications for rosacea primarily work on the inflammatory component, that is papules and pustules.

Once the broken capillaries form, topical medications usually do not help.  With avoidance of rosacea triggers, such as hot showers, spicy foods, hot drinks, alcohol, sun exposure, saunas, and the use of topical medications, one can slow down or even stop the progression of rosacea, but the broken capillaries that are there will remain.

Laser treatment, such as pulsed dye or YAG, is excellent for broken capillaries.  Diffuse redness from rosacea responds very well to IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Broken capillaries on the face

+1

There is a cream called Redness Relief,which can be purchased in a doctor's office that does help. The gold standard is still the pulsed dye laser or intense pulsed light source.

Vicki J. Levine, MD