Is There a Time Limit to Having Surgical Drains In?

I am 19 days post op,I had a tt and lipo. I still have 2 drains in and Im getting a little worried,is it too long to have drains in?

Surgical Drains

+3

The Surgical drains that are left after your procedure, are not removed until the fluid coming out of the drain is minimal, this will depend on the body and the healing process of the patient. They are usually removed around the first couple of weeks after your surgery. Contact your plastic surgeon for a post op visit, He/She Will be able to help you.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Drains after Tummy Tuck?

+2

No, there is no “time limit” to have drains in place after tummy tuck surgery. Your plastic surgeon will use his/her judgment in deciding when to have them removed. In my practice, this decision is based on the amount of fluid that is accumulating in the drains.