Is There a Way to "Thin" Wide Nostrils Without Doing Rhinoplasty?

I have very large nostrils and I would like to get rhinoplasty but is there maybe a "do-it-yourself" method to make the nostrils smaller or at least push them up so they are not wide but longer?

Reducing nostril size

+2

Unfortunately there is no “do-it-yourself” way to reduce your nostril size. Reducing the size, or making them longer and less wide, requires having surgery. The incision used to reduce the width is typically well-hidden along the crease. If that is your only area of concern with your nose, it would be a short procedure and could be done under local anesthesia. If you have any breathing issues or other aspects of the appearance of the nose, these can be addressed at the same time. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and discussion of your goals. Even small changes made to the nose affect the overall appearance and proportion of the nose and face, so there is often more involved than simply nostril size.

Thinning nostrils without Rhinoplasty...

+1

Unfortunately, there is no "do it yourself" method for making the nostrils look smaller.  A full Rhinoplasty is usually not required for just narrowing the nostrils.  It may be possible to perform only an excision of excess nostril tissue under local anesthesia to give you the look you want.  However, it is very important to have a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist for a full evaluation.  Often times the tip may have to be adjusted at the same time as the nostrils in order to have a balanced result. 

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do it yourself rhinoplasty?

+1

There is no such thing as a do it yourself rhinoplasty.also while in some cases a simple narrowing of the nasal width is possible in other cases it is not advisable.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

No Do It Yourself, Nonsurgical way of thinning or narrowing Wide Nostrils

+1

Wide, flaring Neil's cannot be narrowed or "thinned" without surgery. Reducing nostril re requires a surgical procedure called Weir Excsion which could be done local anesthesia if needed. 

"Do-it-yourself" Technique to Reduce Nostrils

+1

I am a surgeon but would never attempt to reduce my own nostrils. The nostrils can be made smaller without a full rhinoplasty by limiting the surgery to a tip-plasty.

Surgical Nostril Narrowing

+1

Nostril narrowing can be done by alar base skin reduction, a simple procedure that is not really a rhinoplasty if done alone. As long as you do not desire any other nasal changes, narrowing wide nostrils can be done under local anesthesia in the office. This is a very effective procedure in which there is no non-surgical alternative.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Nostril procedures

+1

Unfortunately, there are no non0surgical ways that I know of to reduce the size of the nostrils. This can only be treated with surgery.

Can I narrow my nostrils without surgery?

+1

Yes, of course.  The best way to narrow your nostrils without surgery that I can think of is to get a piercing through both nostrils with a bar that traverses the nasal septum.  This will probably need to be custom designed so the screws and ornament are at just the proper length to narrow the nostrils the correct amount.  Surgery will be easier.

Steve Laverson, MD

Do it yourself nostril reduction

+1

I wouldn't even be tempted. There is no 'do it yourself' nostril reduction. Only expert rhinoplasty will do.

peterejohnsonmd.com

+1

HI,

Someday there may be a magic wand that can narrow nostrils but for now the only way is surgical narrowing.

The nostrils can be narrowed from a vertical and horizontal perspective. Unfortunately, the thickness of the nostril cannot be reduced. If you follow the link below you will see several nostril narrowings.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS