Is there a way to make a thick nose thinner? (photo)

I'm talking about the skin and just wondering can a doctor make the skin of your nose thinner? I'm asking this because I have a very big nose overall. I like the shape but it's way to big and I have a bulbous tip could you get rid of that to? I think I might have a very difficult nose to make smaller because of how big it is the tip and I think I have thick skin

Thick skin

+1

It is difficult to thin nasal tip skin dramatically. It can actually lead to scar that you do not want. If may seem counter intuitive, but placing cartilage grafts under the skin in a thick skinned nose will help shape it and give it more definition. I have attached a link with some photos that show this.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is there a way to make a thick nose thinner?

+1

Most of the time some of the thickness of the soft tissue envelope can be reduced at the same time that the underlying cartilage is altered to refine a bulbous tip.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I think you have medium thickness skin and your tip could be be improved

+1

The thickness of the sides of the nostrils from the base you is more or less proportionate to the soft tissue thickness of the nose. Judging from your photo, I think your skin thickness is medium. This means that some reduction of width could likely be achieved with rhinoplasty, but there would be some limit to the degree of change. Your expectations would need to be set appropriately, which an experienced surgeon could help you with after a careful examination. Below is a link to a video I created about thick and thin skin in rhinoplasty.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon