Is There Any Technique Can Make the Two Nostrils Symmetric Without Surgery?

I had an open rhinoplasty one year ago and the two nostrils still aren't symmetric , it bothers me and i don't want undergo surgery again , is there any solution except surgery , please help me ?

Nostril Asymmetry

+1

The answer to this question depends on what causes the asymmetry.

If the asymmetry is related to a real difference in the total radius of each nostril, the answer is no. Nothing can change the radius of a nostril without surgery, except for very few instances where an expander could be used. That is, an expander of the "ring" type that could increase the size of the nostril - something that is not culturally acceptable in the western civilization.

If the reason for the asymmetry is related to volume and/or shape of the nostril; that is - the nostrils are round vs oval vs angular, the answer is maybe. In some instances, changing a nostril in so far as its volume is concerned can be accomplished and an acceptable result may be obtained with a filler.

In so far as changing the true shape of a nostril, whether it be round, oval or angular, it would be nearly impossible to accomplish this without a surgical procedure.

Bloomington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is there any technique that can make the two nostrils symmetric without surgery?

+1

Photos and/or an exam would be necessary to provide you with advice. In general, surgery would be required to create a permanent improvement. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Is There Any Technique That Can Make the Two Nostrils Symmetric Without Surgery?

+1

Without pictures or an exam, this is hard to evaluate. Occasionally, filler may be used to improve symmetry. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA