Is There Any Technique Can Make the Two Nostrils Symmetric Without Surgery?

I had an open rhinoplasty one year ago and the two nostrils still aren't symmetric , it bothers me and i don't want undergo surgery again , is there any solution except surgery , please help me ?

Nostril Asymmetry

The answer to this question depends on what causes the asymmetry.

If the asymmetry is related to a real difference in the total radius of each nostril, the answer is no. Nothing can change the radius of a nostril without surgery, except for very few instances where an expander could be used. That is, an expander of the "ring" type that could increase the size of the nostril - something that is not culturally acceptable in the western civilization.

If the reason for the asymmetry is related to volume and/or shape of the nostril; that is - the nostrils are round vs oval vs angular, the answer is maybe. In some instances, changing a nostril in so far as its volume is concerned can be accomplished and an acceptable result may be obtained with a filler.

In so far as changing the true shape of a nostril, whether it be round, oval or angular, it would be nearly impossible to accomplish this without a surgical procedure.

Bloomington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is there any technique that can make the two nostrils symmetric without surgery?

Photos and/or an exam would be necessary to provide you with advice. In general, surgery would be required to create a permanent improvement. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Is There Any Technique That Can Make the Two Nostrils Symmetric Without Surgery?

Without pictures or an exam, this is hard to evaluate. Occasionally, filler may be used to improve symmetry. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA