Tape That Is Supposed To Reduce the Appearance Of A Turkey Neck?

There is a Tape the is Sold Online That is Supposed to Reduce the Appearance of Turkey Neck. Any Thoughts on It? Temp Fix?

Turkey Neck Tape Claims

+1

One must be cautious with claims made online. Unfortunately the marketing may be just hype for people like yourself who are looking for that "quick fix", which may or may not solve your problem effectively. If you have "turkey neck", I recommend consulting with a qualified specialist who can examine and determine a treatment plan that works for you. At my practice in New York, for patients with loose skin or excess skin, depending on the degree, I may perform nonsurgical Pelleve Skin Tightening (radio frequency treatment that tightens skin) done comfortably in under an hour  with immediate results. Then, you're next option might be actual neck lift surgery.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Turkey Neck

+1

The only correction for turkey neck is surgery. There may be tape that is advertised to achieve a very slight temporary lifting, but it's highly unlikely. Turkey  neck is a very common issue and it is easily corrected by surgery (neck lift and submental liposuction). You can get a good idea of how you can expect to look by scheduling a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. At your consult your surgeon will do some photo morphing allowing you to see your expected end result.

David Alessi, MD

Will tape fix a turkey neck?

+1

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any type of tape or wrap that can effectively correct a turkey neck. Typically, the most effective treatment for a turkey neck consists of lipocontouring of the neck, a neck lift, or a combination of both. 

Todd C. Miller, MD

Neck tape

+1

Dear sueql,

The only one who benefits from using the neck tape or other tricks like that is the maker of the product. If you are concerned about the appearance of your neck, consult with an experienced  board certified plastic surgeon, who will asses your condition and give you the right recommendation. It can range from liposuction, to chin implant, to platysmorrhaphy ( tightening of the muscle bands ) , to neck lift and even full face lift.  It is not very complicated but you have to make sure that you are in experienced hands.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tape for turkey neck

+1

There are lots of things sold online that don't work.  this sounds like one of them.  Remember that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon