Are there any non-surgical treatment options that would improve my stomach? (Photo)

30 years old 5'9" and 170. I really don't have time to take off for a tummy tuck but would love improvement!!!

Non-surgical body contouring

+2

There are  some non-invasive technologies which can reduce fat and improve the skin tightness as well as minimize stretch marks.  This will improve the look of your mid-section, but will not be equal to a tummy tuck in terms of dramatic results.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical options.

+1
Hi RR510. I think the best non-surgical option for improving your appearance is diet and exercise. If you have been unsuccessful with that, I would be careful with non-surgical approaches. In my experience the results have not matched the advertising.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting vs. Tummy Tuck: See an experienced surgeon offering both alternatives

+1

Non-surgical body contouring is a new technology for localized fat reduction, and gives plastic surgeons an alternative to offer to properly selected patients.

During your personal consultation he or she would assess your overall health, lifestyle, goals, and your anatomy.  Based on these they'll offer you alternatives.  Judging from the photos you kindly provided and height / weight, you would have very different results from tummy tuck surgery vs. CoolSculpting.  A series of non-invasive treatments could decrease the "pinch thickness" of areas you can grasp.  It is not technically a skin-tightening treatment.  It would not appreciably improve the stretch marks.  If looseness of the muscle layers is contributing to the round contour of your abdomen, it will not reduce that.  

Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) would necessitate a period of recovery, but could improve all of those issues. 

It is also worth considering weight loss and dedicated abdominal muscle toning, as worthwhile non-surgical methods that can definitely improve your abdominal appearance, and provide additional health benefits.  Plus, if you later choose surgery or non-surgical treatments, you will have additive improvements.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Are there any non-surgical treatment options that would improve my stomach?

+1
The tummy tuck would be able to address loose skin and tighten the abdominal wall.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Nonsurgical Tummy Treatment

+1
There are essentially two nonsurgical things that you can do to improve your abdomen. First, you could modify your diet in order to lose the extra fat that you are carrying on your abdomen.Your present weight is for someone over 6 feet tall.Secondly, you could use one of the nonsurgical fat reduction methods such as Zerona® or Cool Sculpting®.The problem is that both of these methods will leave you with significant excess skin in spite of reducing the fullness of your tummy. Only a tummy tuck will remove the excess skin.This does, however, require at least one and a half to 2 weeks down time.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1
Hello, based on your photos--in my opinion - nothing will give you as permanent and profound improvement like a Tummy Tuck. It's an incredible procedure and in the right hands very effective. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD