Are There Any Surgical Teaching Institutes That Perform Rhinoplasty in Los Angeles, CA?

Which surgical teaching institute can I go to in Los Angeles, CA to get my nose done?

Surgical Teaching Institutes That Perform Rhinoplasty in Los Angeles, CA?

+2

If you wish to save on the cost of your Nose Surgery by having it done by Plastic Surgery residents in Loas Angeles, your best bet is to contact the Division of Plastic Surgery at UCLA and USC and obtain the number of their Resident Clinic. In these insitutions, the residents perform their operations under the supervision of Board certified Plastic surgeons who are members of the faculty.

Rhinoplasty with training institutions

+2

Cosmetic surgery is still a major part of plastic surgery teaching programs.  There is certainly a cost saving involved by going this route.  With that said, there is a very active cosmetic surgery program at USC in the Division of Plastic Surgery.  Residents plan and perform all types of cosmetic surgery, including rhinoplasty, alongside their teaching attendings.  So, there is still the benefit of experience if you choose to go this route.  If you are interested, you can contact the Division of Plastic Surgery at USC for further details.

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Specialist in Training Program?

+2

Hello, Ella.

Is your mission to have rhinoplasty done at a teaching institution as a means to have it done inexpensively? Or, do just feel more confident having it done at a teaching hospital or clinic because you feel the most specialized surgeons, the rhinoplasty superspecialists,  would be located there?

Traditionally, patients have gone to the local university teaching clinics to have cosmetic surgery because there were considerable cost savings. Because of changes in the financing of health care, today, these teaching institutes cannot charge as little as most patients can afford, You could check at UCLA Head and Neck Surgery or UCLA Plastic Surgery or the same departments at USC. Ask about the costs, including anesthesia, the outpatient surgery center, medications, etc. It still  may make sense for you.

There are pluses and minuses having cosmetic surgery at teaching institutes. You need to know if the work is going to be done by surgeons-in-training or by the faculty. Very important.

I discussed that very issue in my book, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON. It is available as an e-book etc, at Amazon and Barnes and Noble websites, so it would be wise to check out this issue in detail.

Best of luck.

-Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, The Essential Cosmetic Surgery Companion

Web reference: http://www.robertkotlermd.com

Teaching Institutes Doing Rhinoplasty in Los Angeles

+1

Both USC &  UCLA have residents in plastic surgery and facial plastic surgery that do rhinoplasty surgery under the supervision of the Professor. However, in the present economic climate, there will not be significant savings because there are charges for cosmetic surgery in these institutions. 

+1

Yes, there's USC/LAC Medical Center department of Head/Neck Surgery that has residents trained to perform Rhinoplasty.  I was the head of Facial Plastic Surgery, at this department for almost a decade.  There are pros and cons of having your Rhinoplasty done by residents in training so be sure you understand and accept those limitations and differences.  

UCLA has a similar department and each institution has plastic surgery departments where the residents perform Rhinoplasty as well.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

+1

Yes there are residency programs in Plastic surgery at most university hospitals in LA. Make a few appointments with the resident clinic. 

Cedars-Sinai and Rhinoplasty

+1

There are several eminent surgeons at Cedars-Sinai, a teaching and research hospital, who are Rhinoplasty experts.  At the Alessi Facial Institute for example, we have been involved with teaching surgery residents at Cedars for over 20 years.  However, for a Rhinoplasty, you want the expert surgeon to do the surgery.  There typically are no savings by doing the surgery at a teaching hospital.  So why not have the professor do the whole procedure?

Web reference: http://www.facialinstitute.com/

Experts for Rhinoplasty in Los Angeles

+1

In Los Angeles there are many experts in Rhinoplasty. Most Los Angeles Plastic Surgeons who specialize in nose surgery or rhinoplasty also perform other facial plastic surgery procedures. To find the expert plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty I recommend that you visit the web site of the American Society of Plastic Surgery and find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area of Los Angeles.

Web reference: http://beverlyhillslooks.com/