Is there a Non Surgical Solution to extremely skinny legs? (photo)

My extreme skinny legs are really depressing me, years of bullying and teasing about them, I have resorting to wear 6-7 socks a day which has caused really itchy rash on both legs along with constant bleeding from the harsh scratching on my part. I have vigorously searched the Internet for a padding solution but to no avail, does anyone know where I could find such, any information would be greatful, I'm fed up with having to pad.

Skinny legs, possible calf implants

+1

I do not know of any non surgical options for you that work.  Calf implants involve surgery and a significant recovery.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

Treat skinny legs without surgery

+1
Very thin legs usually mean less muscle in the calf than usual.
  • exercise is worth a try for 6 weeks.
  • Calf implants are a good solution but involve surgery and a 6 week recovery.
  • External skin expansion with fat implants from liposuction is experimental , some people don't consider liposuction  to be surgery. It would avoid implants. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Is there a Non Surgical Solution to extremely skinny legs?

+1
   Strength training to build the existing muscle may be of limited value.  Calf implants can be placed if unsuccessful.

Skinny legs options

+1
Unfortunately, the calf muscles and there ability to respond to and grow from exercise is genetically limited.  As of today, the only reliable permanent solution is to have them augmented with semi-solid silicone rubber implants.  Glad to help.    

Ryan Stanton, MD