Ask a doctor

Is There a Surgery That Widens the Corner of my Lips (Left&right)?

I already have a full upper and lower lips and don't want to make it any fuller. But I think the length of my mouth is small, I want to make my lips/smile a little wider. I'm interested in widening the left and right corner of my lips (just a little bit like 1.5mm). Any Doctor in USA performs this kind of surgery? Can also let me know the cost please? Thankyou

Doctor Answers (1)

Increasing your mouth size can be done

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

bit its difficult to comment without photos.  Optoins include a lip lift at the corners and z-plasty of the lateral lip borders, depending on what you are trying to achieve.  See your local board certified plastic surgeon for a formal consultation and let him/her clearly know of your goals and desires.  Your doctor should be able to tell you if he/she can achieve what you desire.  And please realize there will be risks to surgery such as the potential for drooling.

Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.