Is There a Surgery to Reduce the Protrusion of my Mouth? Would a Chin Implant Help? (photo)

I have a flat Asian face and eyes with very high cheekbones and a protruding mouth. What can I do to improve my features?

Surgery to reduce protrusion on mouth

+1

A chin implant is placed over the front part of the mandible to give more projection to the lower chin.  The implant is inserted through a submental incision, usually under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.  Augmentation of the chin may give the illusion that the mouth is less projected.

Consider Jaw Projection and Your Dentition.

+1

A chin implant would likely be helpful.  Additionally, reducing the projection of your lower lip with a "lip reduction" could be considered, but I agree that some of these procedures can impact ethnicity, both of these procedures should be done conservatively.  Additionally, I cannot tell from these photos, but if you have an "over-bite", orthodontics and even orthognathic ("jaw") surgery could be considered.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is there a surgery to reduce the protrusion of my mouth? Would a chin implant help?

+1

Hello, in reviewing your posted photos I suggest that you schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic. I would ask him to evaluate you for a chin augmentation as well as a lower lip reduction. I believe that this combination will provide the correction that you are looking for. It appears that you live in Los Angeles, please contact my office and I will be happy to consult with you in person. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Chin implant to reduce protruding lower lip appearance

+1

A chin implant is the simplest and most reversible approach to improving your appearance as you describe it. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery to Reduce Protrusion of Mouth

+1

A chin implant will improve the proportions in the lower 1/3rd of your face. The lower lip can be reduced but you may want to maintain the ethnicity of your features.

Chin Augmentation

+1

Dear Deedee,

A close up side view would be advantages in trying to determine whether a chin implant would be your answer. It appears from one of your photographs that this would probably be helpful to even out the lower lip and your features. I personally use a digital imaging computer on my patients which allows me to take a before photograph and show you what a proposed chin augmentation would look like on you. If you would like to send a close up photograph of yourself to my website listed below I would be happy to further evaluate your needs. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Chin implant

+1

A side view photo will help but from your pictures, it appears that you can benefit from a chin implant.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon