Is there any surgery I can have done to make my nose smaller and not collapse and get narrow? (photos)

I'm a 16 yr old male and my nose has been hurting for a couple months now especially when I stretch it and it feels like the upper part of my nose is going to poke out of my skin. My nose is wide on top and then collapses and gets narrow. How big my nose is and the pain of it feeling like it's going to poke out of my skin really effects my self esteem. Also it's hard to breath through my nose and sometimes I can only breath through one nostril.

Rhinoplasty at age 16?

Thank you for your inquiry!

At age 16, your nose is still forming its shape and definition. It is wise that you would wait until your face has established its full growth potential before attempting any corrective corrective surgery.

When the time comes and should you remain unsatisfied with the way you look, then consulting with a well-experienced surgeon who offers to tell you what to do after a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Nasal pain and difficulty breathing.

Nasal pain and difficulty breathing are not normal. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. No rhinoplasty until 18 or more if u r growing. 

Rhinoplasty Without Collapsing Nose and Making it Too Narrow

The best way to avoid the problems that concern you is to select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. I do agree with your critique but recommend that a young man like yourself wait until he is about 18 years old to have surgery.