Is There Such a Thing As Surgery to Install Anchors in the Scalp Where Fake Hair Can Attach?

Regarding Scalp Anchors For Fake Hair

+1

This is a bad idea. I have seen disasters that have resulted from this procedure. The anchors aould be rejected by your head and become a source of infection, abscess formation and scarring.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Anchors for hair

+1
Anchor devices for hairpeces.

I answered a similarly worded question yesterday. I will submit a portion of it today.

Around 15-18 years ago, a system for bone anchors implanted in the skull and protuding above the surace of the skin was developed. A hairpece system which had female snap  was snapped onto the protruding male snaps . This seemed to be a secure way to always get the hairpece in the same position and allowed the wearer to remove the system at night. This just did not become popular.

Also, I would not recommend a suture attachment ( a typeof transdermal attachment) for a hair system although such approaches were done in the past.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Anchors for hairpiece.

+1

Anchors for hairpiece can be done by making "bridges of skin" on the scalp for fixation. These can last for years if properly maintained and not too much pressure used.