Is There Surgery for Uneven/Asymmetrical Eyes? (photo)

I am VERY self-conscience about my eyes. I used to love them because they were big blue eyes but I have noticed recently how uneven they are. I really am considering a surgery to help me regain confidence. Thanks in advance.

Is There Surgery for Uneven/Asymmetrical Eyes?

+1

Dear Lacey,

As several of the other MDs have mentioned, most of us have differences to the two sides of our face. Obviously, some more than others. There have actually been studies done concerning this using computer created exactly symmetric faces vs normal asymmetric faces and it was found that we perceive the asymmetric faces as more interesting to look at. So being perfect is not necessarily "more beautiful". Perhaps if you want to have some fun, take that first picture of yourself (that is not distorted by the camera lense) and print it up. Go get an old fashioned ruler and pencil and draw some lines - down the middle, through the eyebrows, lips, pupils of your eyes and see what the differences are. You will be surprised there is not that much.

Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes in your posted photos you have asymmetry of the ORBITS and soft tissue surrounding the orbit. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations and scan. Then you can be shown options of corrective survey vs fillers and minor operations to address this issue. 

Bony facial asymmetry

+1

Underlying bony facial asymmetry can cause subtle to gross facial and eye asymmetry.

You have bony facial asymmetry with right side of the face being smaller than the left.  This has also caused mild right upper eyelid ptosis (droopy upper eyelid) and right brow droopiness.  You can consider conservative right upper eyelid ptosis surgery (with an oculoplastic surgeon).  In regards to the right brow, you can try nonsurgical Botox lift; the other option would be surgery.

Web reference: http://www.TabanMD.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

+1

In your posted photos your whole right side of the face is smaller than the left. If you look at old photos and see this is a progressive problem you should be seen by members of the Plastic Surgery department at your nearest university hospital.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Can my uneven eyes be adjusted? (photos)

+1

You're requesting change in the shape of your palpebral aperture, and this is certainly possible.  My approach would be personal consultation to learn exactly what you want, medical history and exam, directed toward measurement of the eyes, cranial nerve function, and other germane elements, then a staged procedure.  Exam must determine contribution of skeletal features (brows, supraorbital rims), if any, to the eyelid asymmetry.  First, address the upper eyelids under local anesthesia so you can look in the mirror after adjustments are made to confirm your satisfaction with the result and symmetry.  After healing for several months, there is a possibility the lower lids may need to be addressed as well.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Uneven

+1

Surgery is over the top for you, but see a Cosmetic Surgeon about other possibilities such as facial injectable fillers, Botox and topicals, etc.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

+1

Facial asymmetry is universal and causes asymmetric brows as well as eyes and even noses. Many don't notice this as it is minor. Others notice brow asymmetry. Occasionally,one can reduce the appearance by minimally invasive procedures such as fillers, Botox etc. 

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery may not be an answer

+1

Your photo shows a young face with very acceptable lid asymmery. All have a dominent eye and just like the breast, two are never exactly alike. We feel surgery is not your answer and the downside might be quite high here.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/