Is There a Surgery to Fix a Bulbous, Thick-skinned Nose? (photo)

Is a type of surgery to possibly thin, or define my nose more without making my tip any more prominent. I am Asian, although my mother is half French. My nose is more prominent than the typical Asian nose, but it's bulbous and wide. Also, I really dislike my nose because its frontal view is the only feature of myself that reminds me of my blood-related father who left my mom, my other half-brothers and sisters, and myself when we weren't yet born. I photoshoped an image of an idea to achieve.

Best Rhinoplasty for Improvement of Bulbous, Thick-Skinned Nose

+1

Hi Klyy,

Properly performed rhinoplasty will help to thin and give your nose more definition.  It is important to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD

Encino, CA

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

The bulbous tip can be  refined with tip suturing techniques, cartilage removal and cartilage grafts to give more projection.  Thick skin will be a limiting factor  of the overall appearance of the tip. An alar plasty Will narrow the nostrils when or what overly wide.

+1

Of course there are ways to adjust definition of your nose and proportion of its parts both to feminize/enhance and to separate this central facial landmark from part of your lineage you prefer, perhaps, to forget.  Consider consulting plastic surgeon(s) in your area to discuss and learn more about possibilities.

Steve Laverson, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Your desired result of a significantly (but not overdone) is very achievable via a closed rhinoplasty.  This means that no external incision need to be made.  Your nostrils might need to be narrowed, but I would have to examine your nose in person.  Make sure you select a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.  All the best

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

It doesn't really look like think skin is the major issue in your case and I think that you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. I think it would be possible to give you some nice definition in your nasal tip and also consider narrowing your nostrils. Go one few consults.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty would work for you

+1

Rhinoplasty is the surgery to correct a bulbous tip.  The thickness of the skin is perhaps the most difficult factor to improve in rhinoplasty, and there is some limitations there.  However, your skin does not look particularly thick or your tip excessively bulbous.   I think you can have a very  nice result.     Best regards,     Dr. Lane Smith                             

Lane Smith, MD

Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

Hi there, your request is reasonable.  Rhinoplasty, or nose reshaping surgery, may be effective for a bulbous nasal tip.  This will typically require an "open" rhinoplasty, allowing direct access to the cartilages that comprise the tip.  I hope this is helpful.  Regards, Andy Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Standard Rhinoplasty Should Work

+1

Hi there.

You are a pretty lady. I suspect from the photos that your skin is not so thick that you could not have a good improvement with rhinoplasty. Your desires are reasonable and your lineage information was helpful.

A thorough exam and consultation with give you the answer. That is the best way to end the uncertainty of whether you can be helped or not.

Feel free to check out books and website for more good info.

- Robert Kotler MD, FACS

Nasal and Facial Cosmetic Surgeon

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON and

THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD

Is There a Surgery to Fix a Bulbous, Thick-skinned Nose?

+1

I think that your morphed nose is a realistic outcome that can be achieved by reducing the size of the tip.      This can be performed in closed fashion without a visible scar.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA     

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You can definitely achieve these results. You would need to remove the fatty tissue under the skin and  reconstruct the tip using tip grafts taken from your septum. See link and weblink below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS