Is There Surgeries to Fix Nipple Sizes and Placement? (photo)

I am 3 months post op and the surgeon placed my nipples so high up that they show when I wear tank tops or a v-neck shirt. The doctor said that he can't just move them back is this true and if so am I stuck this way forever?

Nipples Too High after Breast Lift

+1

Nipple areola complexes that are placed too high can usually be lowered by tightening the skin below the nipple areola complex.

Nipple issues after 3 months post-surgery

+1

It is unclear exactly what you had done. Did you have a lift only or were implants added?  At this point you will have to wait several months fror things to heal. Without an exam in person, it is difficult to say for sure what could be done.  The actual moving of the nipple downward can possibly be done, but a scar would be left superiorly.  But there are a few "other tricks" that can be done.

Nipples pointing upward following a Breast Reduction S

+1

Thanks for your question and for sharing your experience with your breast surgery.   From your photographs it appears that you have a condition known as bottoming out meaning the distance from your nipple to the inframammary crease is too long.   This can be due to either the weight of the implant pushing the lower pole down and stretching it out or if you had a breast reduction the distance may be too long from the nipple to the inframammary crease.   I believe that your condition can be improved by shortening the vertical distance from your nipple to the crease.  When the breast falls down and bottoms out the nipple points upward.  Give it some more time to heal and work with your plastic surgeon for a solution to the problem.  

Nipple/Areola Too High after Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Although it is too early to proceed with revisionary breast surgery, I think you can have some peace of mind that your situation can be improved upon with revision breast surgery.

For example, "internal breast lifting" techniques (capsulorraphy) may be helpful in raising the position of the breast implants on the chest wall. Doing so will better center the position of the nipple/areola complexes on the breast  mounds,  so that the nipple/areal complexes do not appear to be “stargazing”.

You may wish to resubmit photos/question to this site in 3 to 6 months.

"Star-gazing" Nipples

+1

High placement of nipples after a breast reduction or a lift is an unfortunate problem. It is difficult to lower nipples, but raising them is easy. This is why I always try to err on the side of making the nipples too low - because raising them is fairly simple.  There are some revisional procedures that can be done to help you. You should wait a few more months though, because I bet your nipples will go even higher as your breasts settle and swelling continues to go down. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Post Breast lift and Areolas are high

+1

At three months post breast lift, it is still early in the healing process and I would suggest waiting at least three more months before considering a surgical revision.  If at that time you still feel the areolas are higher on the breast than you would like, discuss this with your surgeon.  Although the nipples can't be moved lower on the chest without resulting in visible scars on the upper breast, a crescent of skin can be removed from the fold under the breast and this may better position the nipples on the breast mound.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Areolas too high.

+1

It would be helpful to see a current photo since you note that the appearance has changed conserably. If that is so, you may have some "bottoming out" where the implant has decended below the breast fold. That certainly can be fixed.

It is true that it is very difficult to get an acceptable outcome when trying to lower the nipples and areolas. 

Your surgeon might also consider removing some tissue from the lower pole to decrease the distance from areola to breast fold. 

It is hard to tell from a single photo that is dated. Perhaps a second opinion is in order.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.