Are There Any Surgeons Using Osseointegrated Malar Implants of Hydroxyapatite or Krytonite Instead of Medpor or Silicone?

I need an extended mala-submalar implant an I would prefer to use a material that won't be "hanging loose" in my face.

Hydroxyapatite as a Malar Augmentation Material

+1

The Kryptonite material is no longer available. Hydroxyapatite can be used for malar augmentation and is done in one of two ways. It can be injected as granules through limited tunnels made intraorally across the bone and then molded from the outside or it can placed as granules wrapped in a collagen membrane placed similarly like an actual implant. While the material has biologic appeal, it lacks defined shape like a preformed malar implant would have so the aesthetic augmentation outcome is not as predictable. Hydroxyapatite granules are best used for smaller and more limited malar augmentation needs.