Are There Any Surgeons Using Osseointegrated Malar Implants of Hydroxyapatite or Krytonite Instead of Medpor or Silicone?

I need an extended mala-submalar implant an I would prefer to use a material that won't be "hanging loose" in my face.

Cheek augmentation

+1

The best material for cheek augmentation is Silastic, which is inert, and is well accepted by the body, and  has been used for many years with with an excellent success rate. When the implant is placed in the proper position and pocket, it does not “hang loose” in the patient's face. The implant is placed intra-orally, directly over the bone, and underneath the periosteum, and feels just like the patient's own maxillary bone. It  would be technically very difficult and unnecessary to screw in an cheek implant and then  have to unscrew it if is ever necessary to remove them.

Web reference: http://chincheekimplantsseattle.com

Hydroxyapatite as a Malar Augmentation Material

+1

The Kryptonite material is no longer available. Hydroxyapatite can be used for malar augmentation and is done in one of two ways. It can be injected as granules through limited tunnels made intraorally across the bone and then molded from the outside or it can placed as granules wrapped in a collagen membrane placed similarly like an actual implant. While the material has biologic appeal, it lacks defined shape like a preformed malar implant would have so the aesthetic augmentation outcome is not as predictable. Hydroxyapatite granules are best used for smaller and more limited malar augmentation needs.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com