Is There Still Be a Chance of Notable Tip Refinement After 3 Months? (photo)

I had a closed rhino 12 weeks ago to improve symmetry and refine my tip. Symmetry has been improved but there appears to be no change to the tip, since the cast came off after 1 week through now. My surgeon said he expected it to "go up" but there has been 0 change since then. All major swelling went away in a few weeks and in profile my nose looks the exact same. The tip is nowhere near as defined as I wanted-still quite rounded. I can't imagine there being much change in another 3 or 6 months?

Early Rhinoplasty Results

+1

While I can understand your early discouragement, it really takes 6 months or longer to see the final results of any tip alteration. This waiting period is necessary anyway as any effort at revision must at least await that amount of time.

Need time to see refinement in your nasal tip following a rhinoplasty

+1

At this point in your recovery you will not see many of the finesse changes to the nasal tip.  This takes time and you should gradually see some improvement over the next 3 - 6 months.  Some patients take up to one year to finally be at the end result.  

Time Will Tell If You Tip Will Become More Defined

+1

The tip will continue to change for at least a year after surgery.  It depends on the techniques employed and how you heal that will determine the final appearance.  I would not worry about the appearance until 1 year after surgery. At that time, you can start to make judgments   

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip refinement

+1

The nasal tip will undergo changes for 9-12 months after rhinoplasty and in some cases it may take longer. Be patient.

Tip Refinement after 3 Months

+1

Your nose will change as swelling decreases and healing progresses over the next 9-12 months. Patience is the only treatment at this time.

Tip Swelling at 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although it hardly seems possible, the tip can remain swollen for a year or so even after closed rhinoplasty.  Additional tip elevation can occur as the skin envelope shrinks depending upon maneuvers employed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA