Is There a Specific Name for Noses Like Kate Middletons That Gradually Turn Its Self Up Not Straight Down?

Kate Middleton's Nose

+1

Kate Middleton does have a beautiful nose, doesn't she? Kate has what’s called a “classic supratip break” that is very attractive to most western women. She has a straight dorsum (the top part of the nose prior to the tip) and excellent facial proportions.

The upturned nose can be achieved in rhinoplasty by suturing and trimming the tip cartilage, with results dependant on where the patient starts from. Nobody can transpose the nose of another to a patient, but the features that are attractive in a nose are relatively universal when you’re evaluating a rhinoplasty surgeon’s results. Look at a host of their before/after photos and base your decisions on where each patient started out.

There’s really no cookie cutter nose possibility, although some surgeons who are less artistic tend to do the same nose every time, and hence, their photos look the same. Your goal is to find the rhinoplasty surgeon who will craft a nose that looks right on YOUR face. I've taken the liberty to include a link to my rhinoplasty before/afters page. I love doing noses and enjoy personalizing them to each patient's face!

To your health & beauty,

Dr. Paul Vanek

Mentor OH (near Cleveland)

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Nice Dorsal Aesthetic Line and Supratip Break

+1

The nice dorsal aesthetic line and supratip break are two features that make her nose attractive.  Facial balance is important as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Up turned nose and supra-tip break

+1

Thanks for the question. Yes there is a name to this nose and its up turned nose with supra tip break. This can be surgically created depending upon what you have now.Out side US its not considered a great nose rather I get patients who come for its correction.Wish you good luck

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Kate Middleton: Perfect nose?

+1

It is interesting how popular Kate Middleton's nose has become.  She does have a nice straight profile with a touch of "supra-tip break", which is what you are referring to where the tip is just a bit out from the bridge on the profile.   Her tip is refined, yet soft and not pinched.  It is a very nice looking nose, in my opinion.

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Up turned nose and supra-tip break

+1

The supra-tip break is a subtle depression between the tip of the bridge of the nose. It  visually separates and differentiates the tip from the bridge line. Kate Middleton has a nice balanced nose which fits with her facial features and a nice supra-tip break.   Please see  our rhinoplasty  photo gallery for examples of many supra tip breaks in  after pictures.

Kate Middleton's natural nose.

+1

Her nose is a natural nose without sharp angles and not overly rotated.  This is a photo we often get by patients wanting a natural nose. 

Kate Middleton's Nose

+1

This has become quite a topic of conversation on the web, RealSelf, etc., etc. In fact, I wrote a Blog post about it a few weeks ago. Basically, the reason Kate Middleton's nose is so great is that it is almost perfectly proportioned for her face. It is natural-appearing, but refined. There is a very nice brow-tip aesthetic (the gentle curve from the eyebrows down to the nasal tip), a visible but not dramatic supratip break (the little dip between the bridge and the tip), and a nice rotation (the tip goes up slightly). This nose works really well for a thin, Caucasian female... but it's all about context.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Profile Like Kate Middleton's Nose

+1

I describe a nose like Kate Middleton's as a natural, refined  nose with a great profile that is proportional to the surrounding facial features. What you have noticed is the straight profile of the bridge with the tip being the most projected part of her nose.

Kate Middleton's nose thanks to an elegant supratip break

+1

Kate Middleton has a very nice nose. Once of the femenine features of her nose is how the bridge sits slightly lower than her tip then gently turns upward at its far end. This is referred to as a "Supratip break: and is a key feature of and attractive and feminine nose. This can be achieved in most cases with carefull surgical planning and technique. We've got a great infographic and article on our site that explains the supra tip break. See link below.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon