Is There Any Way to ''Sand Down'' the Scar Tissue So It Regenerates with a Soft Skin? (photo)

Hello, I have a surgical scar on my right cheek since 3 years old due to a birthmark removal by surgery. At the sides of the scar, the tissue is a thick mass and it's firm at touch; I think it's scar tissue. The problem is that it's noticeable at light, the scar tissues form a small bump. Is there some cream or acid product that can penetrate the skin and ''melt down'' the tissue so it regenerate softer ?

Consider a scar revision

+1

If the scar is that old it is way beyond creams. The abnormal firm tissue might very well benefit by removal. You need to seek evaluation by an experienced surgeon to have your options presented to you.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon