Is There Any Way to Get Rid of Horizontal Creases on Neck? (photo)

I am wondering if there's any way to eliminate or reduce the depth of horizontal creases on neck? I notice that I've had this since I was younger - I think it's genetic. They seem to become more visible as I get older. I'd like to know if perhaps botox would work or even neck lift or anything. I am 30 years old and my skin is stil tight otherwise. These two folds have bugged me for two years now. Thank you.

Botox is better suited for vertical neck lines on the neck instead of horizontal ones

+1

Horizontal lines are not amenable to botox treatment although vertical lines are. The use of dermal fillers ( eg Radiesse) would be more effective. Finer lines should improve with Fraxel laser treatments. Sometimes a combination of these 2 treatment modalities may offer advantages.

Radiesse is made of a calcium compound that can not only fill creases but offer structural support as well. Fraxel works by deliberately applying the right amount of heat to the dermal layer to induce the formation of new collagen which helps enhance the firmness of the skin.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Well-performed Injectable Filler treatments may lead to softening of the horizontal wrinkles on your neck.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos:

I have had good success improving the appearance of these wrinkles using Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. I have not been able to completely eliminate their appearance.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Neck Lines?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

These lines can be difficult to treat;  the use of fillers such as  Restylane or Juvederm  are your best bet;  these to provide a temporary filling effect. I have suggested to patients  your age that is probably in their best interest to leave them alone as opposed to spending time and money on temporary fixes.

Horizontal Neck creases

+1

I truly wish I had good news for you but I do not. Over the years, we tried undermining them, filling them with either fat or other fillers but as of now we do not have an effective way of completely erasing these creases.