Is There a Way to Get Rid of Beauty Marks?

I don't mean moles or sun spots- Beauty marks. They are dark like moles, but flat on the same level as the rest of the skin. I have several on my face that I've always wanted to get rid of entirely.

Mole removal

+2

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment. 

Beauty marks, moles and how to remove them

+1

There are many ways to remove them. Excision is one for larger marks and lasers can be used for smaller ones. There is no magic way to remove them. You just have to go to the right person who will be honest with you and not tell you of some magic way to get rid of them. Ultimately look at their results and investigate them and see if you have a good intuition about them.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

"Scalpel Sculpting" Works Well For Beauty Marks, Birth Marks, Age Spots, & "Sun Spots"

+1

The term "beauty mark" is a lay term that is generally used to describe a whole group of growths and spots, including birth marks and moles (nevi), heaped up age spots (seborrheic keratoses), "sun spots" (solar lentigines), blood vessels overgrowths (hemangiomas), and even ephelides (freckles). 

The good news is that whatever the cause, each of these kinds of marks can be easily and quickly removed (in five minutes) through a technique known as "scalpel sculpting."  Simply put, following the injection of a tiny bit of local anesthesia, the growth is simply sculpted off parallel to its base and flush with the surface of the surrounding skin. Performed in this way, enough tissue is usually obtained to send out for lab confirmation, and the treated area heals with a nearly imperceptible mark. In my more than thirty years of experience, I have found this approach to yield consistent and extremely gratifying results.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Removing Facial "Beauty Marks".

+1

Many face lesions or beauty marks can be tangentially shaved off with excellent cosmetic results or electrofulgurated/lasered a few times to take the color out nicely. Don't go through life with unsightly moles or beauty marks when they can easily and painlessly be improved. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Removing Facial "Beauty Marks"

+1

It is likely that what you are calling "beauty marks" are still actually moles (nevi). Moles can be flat, dark and are often located on the face. To answer your questions, they can be removed easily.  A lot of doctors feel the need to cut them out with stitches, which isn't actually necessary. You can remove them by shave excision and they heal beautifully on the face.  In removing them this way, you can also send them to pathology to make sure they are benign moles which should be done. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD