Is There a Way to Remove Lumpy Radiesse Be Removed from Tear Trough?

I just had it done yesterday and I have a horizontal linear ridge just below the tear trough under each eye and then there is this big dip underneath it especially when I smile.

+1

You're still swollen if it's only been 1 day after having your treatment, typically it takes a full 2 weeks to settle before seeing your final result .

+1

The good news is that at one day post-procedure you undoubtedly have at least some swelling contributing to what you're seeing, and you can reasonably expect a lot of that portion to go down on its own.

Unfortunately, I do not know of a way to remove or "dissolve" Radiesse (as can be done with the HA fillers such as Perlane, Restylane and Juvederm) and I would generally recommend letting it absorb on its own.  For very long lasting areas of fullness you may to have to consider surgical excision, although that would be a last resort that I would hesitate to recommend in general.  And, again in general, I do not normally recommend Radiesse for treatment of the tear troughs, which (due to the thin skin and extreme visibility of the region) tricky in the best hands.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Radiesse in the tear trough - shouldn't be done

+1

The tear trough is very thin skin and you need a thin filler like Restylane or Belotero for that area.  Hopefully after 2 weeks it will not be noticeable.  It tends to swell for about 3 days so don't be concerned at this point.  If it's still a problem at 2 weeks, try some saline to break it up.  If that doesn't work, it's either time or surgical removal.  Watch my video for injecting all over the face with Radiesse and Belotero...so called liquid facelift.  Steve Weiner, MD, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lumpy Radiesse in tear trough

+1

First, at one day out, it's so hard to know what is lumpy and what is swelling. You need to wait at least 2 weeks to see how the swelling and bruising resolve because there is some for certain. With that being said, there is no way to remove Radiesse except with time. In my opinion Radiesse shouldn't be used in the tear trough UNLESS it's being done very deeply with a filler like Restylane placed over it. Radiesse ridges very easily so it needs to be put very deeply. In thin-skinned areas it often needs a softer filler over the top of it to provide a smoother shape. So, in a few weeks, potentially you could see a board-certified injector who may be able to put Restylane over the top of it and provide a more smooth line rather than a ridge there. But there is no way to dissolve the Radiesse.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse to tear trough

+1

I tend to shy away from Radiesse in the tear trough. Since it has only been a day, I recommend waiting a full two weeks for any swelling to decrease. If you are still unhappy, return to the physician for a follow up consult. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS