Is There a Reliable on Line Source from Which I Can Obtain 4% Hydroquinone? TX Has Outlawed the Use of It for Melasma.

A new treatment is available for Melasma with Vitamin C and a Full-Face Iontophoresis Mask

+1

A new effective, published treatment is available for melasma with a full-face iontophoresis mask using vitamin C and M2  (mandelic/malic acid) skin care.  This may be used alone or in combination with a new low-energy Q-switched ND;YAG laser treatment. This treatment is safe and effective for all skin types.  The article on this treatment was published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology in January 2013.  The web reference link is included below.  In my opinion this is a much safer treatment and more effective long term than hydroquinone.

Web reference: http://jddonline.com/articles/dermatology/S1545961613P0045X/1

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Texas Hydroquinone limitations - Purchasing Melarase

+1
Our office specializes in scar treatments in Los Angeles. I would recommend the Melarase AM and Melarase PM skin brightening creams to my patients.  Melarase PM contains active 2% hydroquinone combined with skin exfoliators and four active natural skin lighteners that act on the tyrosinase enzyme.  Patients who have been on Hydroquinone 4% may benefit from the switch as it reduces the irritation associated with higher doses of the phenolic hydroquinone. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx