Are There Professional Advisors?

Are there docs or others who specialize in evaluating personal cases, staying current on the latest techniques, and helping potential patients make the best decisions, whether they perform it or not? Before I invest in stock, I consult my broker. When I feel sick, I see my primary care doc first, and he may send me to a specialist. But with cosmetic procedures, what expert/consultant can I turn to, to evaluate me firsthand and help me determine the most suitable procedure for me?

How about the doctor???

+1

I really can't even believe this question as it is absurd that anybody would look to anyone else for advice other than the doctor who might be chosen to operate on them.  There is absolutely NO substitute for spending at least one hour face to face with your prospective plastic surgeon.  No nurse, no advisor, and no consultant has the ability to give you the same accuracy of information as can the best doctor.

Evaluation - consultation before surgery

+1

Every plastic surgeon should be capable of doing this. That is why you need to see your surgeon before you have surgery and that is why you usually have to pay for the evaluation/consultation. Who can better tell you about surgery than someone who does the surgery? Talking to the surgeon, getting an evaluation or consultation etc. does not mean you have to have the surgery by the person evaluating you or anyone else.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD