Are There Any Procedures That Do Not Require Surgery?

I do not wish to change the shape of my nose at all. I just want the side of my nostrils to thin back down because my nose now appears wider Are there any procedures that can help that do not require surgery? If so who do you recommend in Columbia, SC

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately, there are no non-surgical options for your issue.  Nostril reduction can be done in the office under local anesthetic.  It usually only takes an hour.  Good luck!

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing of nostril width

+1

There is no method to change the size of shape of the nose, including the alar skin (the tissue that makes up the nostril walls) without surgery.  Narrowing of the nostrils can sometimes be performed under local anesthesia, consulting with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will help you clarify your options.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical alterations of the nose

+1

There are no non-surgical methods that will permanently change the shape or width of the nose.  If you are interested in a rhinoplasty then consult with an experienced plastic surgeon. 

Reducing wide nostrils

+1

In general, wide nostrils are usually reduced with a small surgical procedure that can be done with local anesthetic in the office. However, some people have very strong nasal dilator muscles that can widen the nostrils, especially with smiling. In these people, small doses of Botox can be used to weaken these muscles and help narrow the nostrils.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can you narrow the nostrils without surgery?

+1

Dear vrb2013,

1. There really are no non-surgical options to narrow the nostrils
  2. It is a procedure that can be done with just local anesthetic (no need to be asleep for it)
  3. When you are ready, you should visit a rhinoplasty specialist who can give you the results that you are looking for and can hide the incisions really well

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nostril Reduction

+1

I am not aware of any non-surgical nostril reduction procedure. A nostril reduction procedure can be done under local anesthesia in most cases. You should consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and can start by searching the aafprs website, to see if rhinoplasty is an option for you.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon