Is There Any Procedure That Will Reduce the Fat in my Ankles/calves?

I have been interested in getting lipo on my ankles, calves, and knees for years now. I have had 3 consultations by board certified plastic surgeons. 2 out of the 3 say I would be better off waiting for a new advanced non-invasive procedure. They all say how tricky the procedure is due to the numerous nerves/veins in the area. I have a very thin upper body, but can not seem to ever lose weight in my legs. I have no muscle definition. Is there anyone out there with advice? I live in Kansas City.

Knee and ankle contouring

+1
Microliposuction can be safely and effectively performed to do fine contouring of sensitive areas such as knees and ankles. Its true that these are tricky areas and sometimes more than one procedure is required. I practice in nyc should u wish to consult.

You can liposuction the ankles!

+1

There is definitely a way to do this and do this right. Small cannulae (2.9mm), as Dr. David said microliposuction, I also use Slimlipo (a laser liposuction) as the first pass. It is not so much the technique as the plastic surgeon choice. Let me try to explain - this is a labor of love for the plastic surgeon. I have spent as many as four hours going through 6 to 8 different incision to take out a cankle. The amount of fat acceptable is NONE. You need a PS that is like a dog with a bone when it comes to fat ankles and will not quit until you look like a model. Find someone excited to do your case and can show you great before and afters and you are in the right place.

I should also warn you - you will be sore. Take two weeks off and keep your feet up. But you can spend that time looking at your skinny ankles!

Knees, calves and ankles do good with tumescent micro canula liposuction.

+1

Liposculpting the knees, calves and ankles do good but need to be done by an expert lipo doc who has done a lot of them and done them under local tumescent anesthesia with the micro canulas to get the best results. I enjoy doing these areas because of the finesse involved and results can be dramatic. Most docs can't do these areas well and the non invasive procedures are worthless at this time. Expect to spend around $6,000 on special. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/lipo.asp

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower extremity liposuction

+1
The plastic surgeons you have seen are correct as to the risks of lower extremity liposuction. However, nothing in the way of non-invasive procedures available to date would be viable. If you are concerned about muscle definition in your legs, perhaps seeing a personal trainer who could make a recommendation might be of benefit.