Is there a procedure that could help get rid of a double chin or show better bone structure in the face? (photos)

Is there a way to get the chin from the first pictures to be more tightened like when I grab the skin under my neck and lift it up?

How to achieve a better-defined jawline.

+1
Since you are young this is not a "loose skin: situation, and by your middle view, there is only a modest fat component. Fat in this area is both subcutaneous and sub-platysmal, so an open approach will allow fat to be addressed by direct excision (not liposuction) in both planes, and allow the muscle to be tightened anteriorly, further refining the neck.

However, I must agree with my oral and maxillofacial colleague Dr. Jamali--I believe you would benefit from an extended anatomic Flowers mandibular glove chin implant to strengthen your chi and jawline, as well as "taking-up" a small amount of skin and tightening it (especially important after fat removal, though less of an issue in a young man with good skin elasticity). I would, however, not do a chin implant alone or first; I would do all the above at one operation for maximum improvement with a single procedure.

I hope this has given you food for thought. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift candidate

+1
There are fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle in the neck and both must be removed to give a more angulated jawline. A platysma-plasty will also be required at the same time.  There is  no skin  removal. For many examples, please see the link below to see what can be accomplished with a neck lift procedure.

Retrogenia

+1
I believe you could start by having a genioplasty procedure done first. If still needed, you could go ahead with the liposuction.

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Submental Liposuction

+1
Chin/neck liposuction has become more and more popular in my practice. It requires minimal downtime and is very price friendly and provided incredible results. Judging by your pictures, you are young and would be a great candidate for this procedure. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal examination and to discuss your options!

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Procedure to get rid of double chin

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
This is a difficult question to answer accurately without seeing you in person. However, you may benefit, from what I see, from some submental liposuction. Another possibility may be mandibular implants. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of Luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Is there a procedure that could help get rid of a double chin or show better bone structure in the face?

+1
Thanks for your question. I imagine that you are searching for a better profile and more definition of the mandible. I would suggest a liposuction of the neck ( chin) with particular emphasis on the mandibular line.

When carrying out this procedure it's important to really thin out the fat just below the skin. A small layer of fat is always left on top of the platysma (neck muscle) so that the skin does not get "stuck down".I make small incisions ( 3mm ) behind the earlobe and right under the chin.

Seek out  a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD