Is There a Procedure for Removing Fat from the Pubic Mound? What's The Cost? (photo)

I have had so many surgeries in the past in the abdomen area and it seems that a lot of fat tissue is building more on my pubic mound, it's bad enough that I can't wear clothes I like never mind a bathing suit. I know that I need a tummy tuck but I really can't afford a whole lot. Also wondering if a doctor takes a down payment and then make monthly payments for the remainder. thank you. Lisa

Liposuction can remove Fat from the Pubic Mound

+4

During a Tummy Tuck procedure Fat can also be removed from the Pubic Mound.

However, Liposuction is a simpler method to remove Fat from the Pubic Mound.

Many Plastic Surgeons do subscribe to Patient Financing firms such as Carecredit

Tummy tuck and the Pubic Mound

+3

There are many ways of fixing the pubic mound bulge.

The simplest way of fixing the pubic mound bulge.is liposuction alone. This works if you have good skin tone with no hanging or looseness of the pubic mound area. 

The next option is liposuction of the pubis combined with a pubic lift. This is necessary if your skin tone is a bit loose. The operation combines liposuction with a skin excision through a small horizontal incision placed below the bikini line. This incision is similar to a c section scar.

The most common way of fixing a pubic bulge however is to combine this correction with a tummy tuck. Through the usual abdominoplasty incision, the abdomen and pubic mound are corrected at the same time making both look smoother, tighter and flatter.

You should discuss your needs, goals and desires with your plastic surgeon but pubic mound correction can definitely be performed in most cases.

Good luck Lisa!

Frank Lista, MD

Looking at your pictures suggests a tummy tuck may be the best option

+2

Lisa, mons pubic can be liposuctioned, can have excess skin cut out, or can be a part of a tummy tuck.  Although your pictures do not show your entire abdomen, from what I see I think a fully tummy tuck with attention to the pubic area (liposuction and tucking the skin) would give you the ideal cosmetic outcome.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Puffy mons

+2

I cannot speak to a surgeon taking payments as that is a personal decision, but the puffy area of the mons can be improved with liposuction in order to debulk it so it is not as prominent. In the future, if some loose skin results form that. it can be tightened when you have your tummy tuck.

Julio Garcia, MD

“Pubic Mound” Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It is not unusual for the pubic area to be an area of concern. This area may be large ( prominent) , ptotic (low), or deflated.     Based on your pictures you may benefit from direct excision of skin and subcutaneous tissues plus/minus liposuction surgery.  If you are considering tummy tuck surgery at sometime in the future,  you may want to wait on having any surgery on the pubic area done at this time. Prior to any type of body contouring surgery it will be in your best interest to achieve a long-term stable weight.  This  will help to minimize the chances that further surgery will be necessary in the event of future weight loss.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.  You will find that  your questions regarding the financial arrangements  will be addressed also.