Is There a Procedure That Corrects Asymmetrical Eyes? (photo)

As I am aging, I have noticed that my eyes are becoming more more noticeably uneven . I was wondering what type of procedure would be suitable for my eyes. Thank you beforehand for your responses.

Eyelid surgery

+1

Although your asymmetry could be corrected, it may require extensive surgery and would not be recommended.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Procedure to Correct Asymmetric Eyes

+1

You appear to have about 2 mm of orbital dystopia (one eye higher than the other), which is not uncommon.  I would not recommend correcting this as this is an extensive reconstructive procedure.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Eye asymmetry

+1

Your asymmetric eyes are subtle. It can be due to either slight left upper eyelid droopiness (ptosis) and/or relative bulgy right eye.  It is impossible to assess the latter from 2D photo. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Both pictures show the same thing: bilateral upper eyelid ptosis or heaviness.

+1

In your case the left eyelid is much heavier than the right side.  The truly interesting thing is that you compensate much more for the right side than the left with a right compensatory brow elevation.  This suggests to me that if you have this issue addressed surgically, it will be necessary to perform surgery on both sides.  A detailed consultation is necessary to determine the most appropriate surgical approach for you.  It is probable that you need both a ptosis surgery and a minimal skin excision with an anchor blepharoplasty.  I strongly recommend great caution if finding your potential surgeon.  You have a full upper eyelid that is very important feature of your face.  It is essential that this fold be preserved in performing your surgery.

Asymmetrical eyes

+1

Your eyes are only minimally asymmetrical due to your right eyebrow position is different than your left.  There may be some mild bone/orbital asymmetries as well.  Best to leave well enough alone.

Subtle Eye Asymmetry

+1

The first photo shows that you may have subtle eye asymmetry [left eye seems slightly higher than left eye] which is likely due to an underlying bony eye socket asymmetry.

The second photo does not demonstrate this as much, but this may be due to a very subtle head tilt on your part.

In general, the surgery required to change the underlying bony asymmetry is quite involved and not worth it.

However, based on your photos, your right lower eyelids seems slightly lower, and this can be raised a touch [eyelid retraction repair] which might improve your symmetry a bit.

A consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon would be appropriate.

See link below to find one close to you.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon