Is There a Procedure to Adjust Just the Tip of the Nose Relatively Non-invasively? (photo)

I was wondering if there is a cosmetic or nasal procedure aimed exclusively at reducing the tip of the nose slightly. I am not in the market for a major nosejob, but the very tip of my nose is bothersome and could use to be reduced very slightly. I understand that surgical costs vary wildly based on a number of factors, but can anyone explain this process in a more detailed fashion or give me an over/under $2000 estimate?

Tip-plasty to adjust nasal tip

+1

Tip plasty surgery is an invasive surgical procedure inside the nose and requires a general anesthesia.  There is not a noninvasive tip plasty.  I would discourage attempt at very slight improvement in the tip that would warrant undergoing a full tip plasty. It is important to note that when performing a tip plasty the remainder of the nose has to be in good balance.  Otherwise, the possibility of a full rhinoplasty must be entertained.  It is important to view the nose in 3 dimensions before making any full recommendations.  The cost of a tip plasty is usually about half of a full rhinoplasty cost. Our prices are located on our web site.

Tip Rhino to Reduce the Nose

+1

It seems what you are looking for is a reduction of the tip contour. Unfortunately, there is no non-invasive procedure that is going to adequately address this issue with your nose. You will likely require a tip rhinoplasty procedure. However, $2000 is quite low for work done by a reputable, board certified rhinoplasty surgeon.  

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is There a Procedure to Adjust Just the Tip of the Nose Relatively Non-invasively?

+1

Yes, this is called a Tip-plasty and would not be considered a complete Rhinoplasty which means that no other area(s) of the nose would change or be affected.  The costs including OR and Anesthethesia would be over $2k wih an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  

I encourage you to have a few consultations with experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons and do not use price as your decicing factor.  The ability of the Rhinoplasty Surgeon to understand and follow the proper asethetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose should be the most important deciding factor IMHO.  Experience alone is simply not enough.  

Altering the tip of the nose - non-invasively

+1

Small and subtle changes can sometimes be made to the nose with injectables such as Juviderm or Restylane.   This is usually done to fill a small defect, soften a curve or augment an area.   More extensive changes or any reduction in size require surgical treatment.  A three dimensional evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon is necessary to determine exactly what you need.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Procedure to adjust tip non invasively

+1

Changing your nasal tip will require a surgical procedure. Only with a detailed consult and imaging can the scope of what you want be determined. It is common to think that only one area needs to be changed, but then the balance of the nose is altered and other areas may need to be addressed. Tip rhinoplasty with operating room and anesthesia costs will likely be over $2000.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery vs noninvasive procedures for nose`

+1

In certain cases the nose can be changed with injectables such as restylane.  The only way to reduce the tip would require surgery.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Nasal tip reduction

+1

Nasal tip procedures are commonly performed during rhinoplasty, especially procedures which reduce the fullness of the tip.  This does need to be done surgically though, as there are no effective non-surgical options.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Improving the appearance of the nasal tip

+1

If you wish to reduce the size of the nasal tip, surgery would be the only option. A rhinoplasty can be performed with tip work only, and a thorough assessment by a board certified rhinoplasty specialist would be recommended. He or she will be able to determine whether any additional procedures are necessary to ensure your nose is in harmony with your other facial features. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Options for nasal tip reduction

+1

Correction of the nasal tip can be performed.  If you are looking to reduce the size of the nasal tip then there are no non-surgical options.  

Nasal tip surgery

+1

Nasal tip work has to be done surgically to reduce it. It is called a tip plasty and is very common.