Is there a way to prevent ears to go back to their original shape after having an Otoplasty?

I had a Bilateral Otoplasty done last thursday, and I have been doing a bit of research and read that cartilage has memory and can or will go back to their original shape? Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't want to go back for a revision and definitely do not want to endure that pain again.

+1
No Otoplasty, whether it be the traditional method or the stitch method, can guarantee that the ears will not move some millimeters outwards again; in rare cases they can even protrude again. If this should happen, the only solution would be to repeat the surgery.

Germany Plastic Surgeon