Is There a Possibility That Scars on my Face Can Be Remove by Fraxel Laser? (photo)

Scar treatment using Fraxel

+1

4 to 5 treatments with Fraxel restore should definitely improve the appearance of these acne scars but will not completely remove them. In some cases, when the scar is very deep and large, combination treatment using Fraxel and injectable tissue fillers may give better results. the need for injectables is assessed 3 to 6 months post Fraxel, when the final result is achieved. Good luck!

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scars and Fraxel Laser Resurfacing...

+1

Your scars will never be completely taken away with Fraxel.  Collagen stimulation and resurfacing will improve the appearance of your skin but that is it.  Hope this helps.  Consider laser resurfacing and fillers for best results. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Fraxel for Acne Scars

+1
Thank you for your question. At my practice, I have gotten excellent results for scarring with Fraxel. This treatment eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers, redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Face

+1

Scars are never completely removed but, only improved. Many techniques have been employed. Surgical revision, fractionated CO2 laser and injectable fillers. Start with the least invasive least downside approach and good luck.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Fraxel Laser and scars

+1

Scars are permanent!! Fraxel and a variety of other laser lasers such as fractional CO2 laser, pulsed dye laser and smooth beam are commonly employed to soften the appearance of scars. In my experience for the type of scars that you have, its best to use a combination approach and use two or even three different lasers sometimes to acheive the best possible results. also know that more than one treatments are required to see a noticeable result.  

Misbah Khan, MD