Is There Any Possibility to Correct Marionette Lines with Fat Injections?

is there any possibility to correct marionette lines with fat injections? And who is te best plastic/cosmetic surgeon to do this correction. I live in Orlando area FL

Fat is Okay to Use

+2

Fat can be used as a facial filler.  The use of fat in marionnett lines is very reasonable.  You will have to do research in your local area to find the "best" plastic surgeon. 

+1

Marionette lines can be a difficult problem to correct. First, your PS must determine the cause of the Marionette lines, which is actually a depression below the outer part of the lower lip plus "hanging over" of the tissue just outside of the lines (depression). 

Fat injections will certainly help the depression, but usually will not eliminate them. You can start with a filler injection in the depression to see if this correction is adequate for you. If it is not, then fat injections will not help any more.  If it is, then try the fat injections. It is my opinion that stem cells should be concentrated in the fat to be injected, which should make the fat grafts last longer.

If the correction with the filler is not adequate, the tissue lateral to the Marionette line can be excised, which is a minor procedure.  But, it takes several months for the scar to look it best, which is usually an imperceptible scar. This procedure will also elevate the corner of the mouth, eliminating the "down-in-the-mouth look." I like the procedure, but a filler should be tried first before fat injections or any surgical procedure.

Good luck.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

+1

Fat grafting is reasonable to this area, depending upon the depth of lines and width of lines.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat transfer for marionette lines

+1

Fat transfer is a wonderful procedure for the marionette lines, you should have an evaluation to see whether it is an appropriate procedure for you. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Fat Grafting To Marionette Lines

+1

Yes, fat works beautifully for those lines. A small amount of fat will be harvested from an area where you would like to donate, then reinjected into those lines. Fat is a wonderful option as it's your own fat, you're just simply moving it from one are to another. I agree with my colleague that you should use a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to do this procedure.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Marionette line correction and fat injections

+1

Marionette lines can be improved with fat injections, along with injections of fillers.  I would recommend that you use a plastic surgeon rather than a "cosmetic surgeon" who has not had any plastic surgery training.

There are a few other tricks at the time of injection that can be done to improve the results.  However, fat injections may not be 100% take, and fillers are typically temporary anyway.  You may need several treatments.

Regarding who is the best-ask any doctor, and he/she will tell you that he is !

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD