Are There Plastic Surg's Who Specialize in Facelifts for Men, and How Do You Find Them?

Male Facelifts

It is important to find a plastic surgeon with experience in performing facelifts in men. A natural look is imperative. Look closely are ear postition and changes in the hairline when evaluating before and after photos. Also look for cheeks, or any area of the face that is over-filled, or eyelids, upper or loewr that are hollowed out. A brow lift is a surgery that is often over-done in both men and women and can scream "I've had plastic surgery"  Men rarely require a brow lift and when they do, a minimal conservative brow lift is in order. The goal for men is looking their best, but not looking so different that they look like they have had something "done"

I value the privacy of all of my patients. It does seem like men, in general, are less likely than women to want to share photos or discuss surgery with others. I find that men appreciate a private entrance the the OR and to the office for post operative visits so they do not ever find themselves in a public lobby or elevator as they are recovering from surgery.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Men and Cosmetic Surgery

There is a distinct aesthetic difference between a male and female facelift- however, the first step is to find a qualified Facial Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of facelifts. From there, ask to see before and after pictures during your consultation to see if the results are natural and match your general expectations.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male facelifts - a totally different operation

When facelifting men, the surgeon must choose vectors that make sense for the aesthetic result.  The operation for a man is COMPLETELY different than the operation for a woman.  The skin is different, the tension of the sutures is different, the placement of the incisions is different, and the time spent on the neck is very different.  I do not know of any surgeon who does just male facelifts, but I would recommend looking at before and after photos of the surgeon you want to work with.

Jay Calvert, MD

​Male Facelift Specialist

Male Facelift Specialist

There are certainly some plastic surgeons that do more male facelifts than others. Male facelift does require certain special considerations. Male faces have some anatomically unique features, unlike female faces, that need to be addressed in order to achieve excellent result. Seek out a surgeon with a large male facelift practice. Do ask to see some before and after photos to assess the surgeons ability to create dramatic and yet natural results.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Male Facelifts

Male cosmetic surgery is up to 10% of cosmetic surgery done. Certainly, if one has expertise in female plastic surgery then one should have expertise in male plastic surgery. They have some differences in that the dissection may be somewhat harder and post operatively male patients require more reminders of post operative instruction. Overall, males are quite similar to female patients in many respects.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Surgeons specializing in male facelift.

There are few if any surgeons that restrict their practice to male facelifts.  Because the facelift procedure is so similar when performed in either men or women, busy facelift surgeons will be doing both.  The important point is that the surgeon understands the nuances that distinguish a successful facelift in men vs women.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Mario J. Imola, DDS, MD
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery for Men

Yes - and it is worthwhile to find one who specializes in just for men plastic surgery, for facelifts in men can be particularly challenging procedures due to the importance of sideburns and the heavier skin as well as the typically shorter hair styles.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

I believe that the real questions is how do you, as a patient find a surgeon who will make you look more ruggedly handsome with a Face Lift?  The answer is to find a face Lift Surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty so the Face Lift can be combined with facial shaping to increase angularity in the face which is a masculinizing trait.

Facelifts for Men

I'm not aware of any surgeon who specialize in facelifts for men but almost 50% of the patients in my facial cosmetic surgery practice are men. Techniques are different in men because of the pattern of their facial hair and the thickness of their skin. A surgeon must be careful to avoid feminizing a man after their facelift.

Plastic Surgery For Men

Many plastic surgeons who perform facelifts for women also perform facelifts for men. If you're considering undergoing a facelift, it's very important to select a surgeon who can meet your needs and goals. The best way to make sure a natural result is achieved through a male facelift is to ask to see your potential surgeons before and after photos of the procedure you're considering. Selecting a board certified facial plastic surgeon also ensures that a doctor with the highest level of training performs your procedure.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD