Is There a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto Respected & Renown for Mastopexy?

Looking to book a mastopexy & really want to do it right. I'm wondering if Toronto has any plastic surgeons that are respected & renown for mastopexy. I would like the Benilli procedure (I've posted pictures in another post & been told by doctors this may be possible). I have read that real experts, e.g. Benilli and Goes, do some internal work as well to lift breasts. How much will the quality of a "regular" surgeon differ from these guys? Would anyone in Toronto compare? Please be honest! :)

Hi There,

I have included a link below that will help you with your research. It should direct you to our Breast Lift doctors page, where it will populate the doctors that specialize in Breast Lifts in your area.

http://www.realself.com/Breast-lift/drs

Toronto Breast Surgeons

+1

Dear Baffled_One,

There are many plastic surgeons in Toronto that do great breast surgery.  Without any pictures, it is difficult to recommend a particular mastopexy technique for you specifically.  Each technique has pros and cons associated with it.

The main disadvantage of the Benelli technique is that it has a tendency to cause breasts to become flat.  The natural conical shape of the breast is reduced with this technique.  The clear advantage, however, is that the scar is hidden at the junction of the areola and breast skin.  I should add that the Benelli is limited by how much the nipple/areola complex can be lifted.  Generally, this technique is ideal for small lifts of 2-3cm.  

The other mastopexy techniques generally provide the best breast shape, at the expense of longer scars.  

You should also consider whether you need an augmentation in addition to a lift.  The best thing to do is see a few plastic surgeons in your area for consultation.  Ask to see previous patient pictures.  Choose someone with proven results, and that you have a good rapport with.  Mastopexy surgery is a very common procedure - I'm sure you'll find a surgeon you trust to perform your surgery.

Good luck in your search!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon

Good Breast Lift Surgeon in Toronto?

+1

I am sure that there  our many very good breast surgeons in Toronto.  Ultimately, it will be up to you to do your own due diligence so that you feel comfortable with your selection of plastic surgeon.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

I would suggest that you select your surgeon based on quality of work/experience etc. NOT  based on which surgeon will perform a specific procedure ( for example a Benelli  lift) for you.  Remember, you may or may not be a good candidate for the specific procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm