Are There Are Physical Restrictions Right an Ultherapy Brow Lift?

How long does it take to recover after having an ultherapy brow lift?

Very Little Downtime (if any) with Ultherapy

+1

Although, it is possible to have a small amount of swelling from an Ultherapy treatment of the brows, there is usually very little downtime associated with the treatment. Any redness that occurs with the treatment has almost always resolved within 15-30 minutes. Granted, if a local anesthetic is injected, there is a slight risk of bruising from the injection, but it is typically very easy to cover with makeup. Moreover, I further minimize any risk of bruising by having my patients hold off NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Alleve, etc.) for several days prior to the procedure. I usually suggest that my patients take it easy for the rest of the day (hold off on exercising/working out), but I have had a fair number of patients opt to jump right back into their busy social/work schedule without any issues.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Y

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy for brow lifting

+1

Usually there is no downtime, however, with Ulthera, I often do prescribe some medication to relax my patients and I instruct them they need a ride with whom to go home. That night you should relax at home and plan on not doing errands or go out to socialize.  There are times that I may inject local anesthetic in the forehead and this could cause some swelling that could even show up around the lower eyelids in the next few days.  Bruising can occur very rarely without the injections, but there is a slightly greater risk of bruising if local anesthetic is injected. Exercise could exacerbate the swelling if the swelling occurs, otherwise, there are no restrictions the day after surgery.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Minimal Down Time

+1

You generally lose the procedure day as pain meds and/or sedation are needed. The next day you should be fine for all normal activities. You may have minor residual soreness. There are no activity restrictions.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon