Is There a Permanent Treatment for Telangiectasias ("broken Capillaries")?

My dermatologist treats me with a dye laser. I wear sunscreen and don't smoke, but the veins on my nostrils always return in 8 -10 mos. I think he used the V Beam. I feel a cooling sensation before the rubber band snap. First, are there any treatments available that provide permanent results? Second, if the results cannot be permanent, is there a viable treatment option that doesn't cause bruising? I'm very fair and look terrible for about a week after the V Beam.

Laser Treatment of Nose Veins

+1

Nothing really is permanent in life or cosmetic surgery.  However, the V-beam or IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) therapy are the best treatment options for nasal veins.  

We prefer the BBL, as it is very effective in 1-3 treatments and usually without bruising.

Laser for veins on nose

+1

I have used many different lasers for blood vessels on the face over the last fifteen years.  Pulsed dye laser is effective but the bruising is a big downside.  IPL can be used but the efficacy is variable.  I have also used Nd:YAG lasers for larger blood vessels on the nose.  My current preference for visible blood vessels on the face is the Iridex Varilite laser with wavelength of 940 nm using a tiny 0.7 mm spot size.  Ideally the laser surgeon should wear a polarized headlamp during treatment for optimal visualization of the veins.  With this laser, the veins literally disappear in front of our eyes and there is no bruising.  Can the veins come back or can new veins form again?  Yes, but in my experience the vast majority of patients are pleased with the results.  If needed, it is easy to retreat at some point since there is no bruising.

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for Telangiectasias

+1

There is no such thing as a permanent treatment for telangiectasias.  We can make them better, but in most cases they return at some point and need to be retreated.  For the ones on the sides of your nose that can be traced our easily, you may want to consider the Yag laser.  This tends to work better than the V Beam for the type of vessels you are describing.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist