Are There Any Permanent Issues with Using Juvederm Lip Fillers? I'm Doing Mine Tomorrow.

Hello. I was wondering if there are any permanent issues when using lip fillers? I've been wanting to get my lips done for years! And tomorrow's the day! I struggle with anxiety(getting better though) due to hormonal imbalance caused by birth control pills. Which I've been off almost a year now. There isn't anything in Juvederm that can trigger anxiety is there? I will talk to the dr. doing the lip filler tomorrow about it.

Juvederm for lips

+1

Greetings~

Though using Juvederm in the lips is considered off-label, it is a common practice and can be done safely and with very nice results.  It is not uncommon to have swelling, bruising, some redness and tenderness after the procedure.  Juvederm itself would not "trigger" anxiety but if you are prone to anxiety then the idea of having injections into and around the lips can definitely provoke some anxiety. So, more simply, the procedure can bring about anxiety...not the product.  One of the many great things about Juvederm is that if you don't like it for whatever reason it can be very easily dissolved and you are back to your pre-injection state.  Enjoy your new lips.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Juvederm Safety

+1

Juvederm is a very safe filler when used correctly.  As with any injectable, possible side effects include bruising, swelling, infection, redness, and allergic reactions.  However, when injected by a board certified dermatologist with cosmetic experience, the risks are very low.  Of note, injections in the lips are an "off label" use.

Miami Beach Dermatologist

"Permanent Issues" with Juvederm Lip Fillers

+1

There are no reports of 'permanent issues" following the use of Juvederm in the lips. The safety record of this and other hyaluronic acid fillers is excellent. 

Juvederm for lip enhancement

+1

Juvederm is a very soft and natural feeling filler that is an excellent choice for lip enhancement. There is nothing in the product that can cause anxiety, but any procedure may trigger those feelings. Juvederm has an excellent safety profile, with temporary redness, swelling, or bruising being the most common side effects. You should discuss all of this with your doctor so that you know what to expect, which will help to lessen your anxiety about the treatment.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Safety of Juvederm lip fillers

+1

Hyaluronic acid products such as Juvederm and Restylane have no organ or species specificity. In theory there is no risk of an allergic reaction and therefore no "permanent issues". In fact, in spite of its frequent use for cosmetic purposes, there are very few reports of hypersensitivity reactions. The typical side effects associated with these injections are minor and usually resolve within one week. The video link below shows me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/juvederm/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Permanent problems with juvederm

+1

The only thing that might trigger anxiety is the tiniest thinnest needle ever. You should have no worries about any  permanent harm  from this as long as someone with experience is doing the injecting.  Major complications would be extremely rare(this is safer than the car ride to the doctor). You will have a few minutes of discomfort and months of enjoying your fuller lips. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Any Permanent Issues with Using Juvederm Lip Fillers?

+1

Juvederm is one of the safest fillers on the market today. It has a fantastic safety record but like every medical procedure it has a very low rate of complications. Discuss it with your doctor.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.