Is There a Patient Type That Should Not Use Cellulaze?

There is a recent post from a patient who was told, AFTER her cellulaze treatment did not yield expected results, that her issue was loose skin and not cellulite. Given that her before photos look like the rest of us, can that be true, and how can we determine if it is good treatment for us?

Consult to find out which procedure is best for you

+1

It is best to consult with a surgeon so they are able to take a look at the areas of concern. If you have areas of lumpy uneven skin then Cellulaze is right for you. If there are areas of fat deposits that do not go away with diet and exercise then Smartlipo may be the way to go. Both procedures are excellent and you will see a difference in your body shape and appearance.

Candidates for Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.  If cellulaze was used for loose skin only, the wrong procedure was done on the patient.  In adddition patients with sever contour deformities from cellulite are better reated with Smart Lipo first, then Cellulaze if necessary.  I would get a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with Cellulaze to better understand the benefits of the procedure.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Patients Who Are Not Good Cellulaze Candidates

+1

Cellulaze delivers the best results for women who are not significantly overweight but have mild to moderate cellulite on their thighs. Please talk to your Cellulaze physician to get the best information about cellulite laser treatments.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Not a good candidate for Cellulaze

+1

It is important to determine specifically what a patient is interested in improving and their expectations when they come for a consultation.  Cellulaze treats cellulite.  Some patients call their loose skin or any fatty areas cellulite, which may not be the case.  This is important to determine in advance. When cellulite is addressed during Cellulaze it will not effect the overall contour of the thighs or saddle bags which may be better addressed wtih liposuction. No treatment will make skin perfectly smooth and unblemished. Not everyone is a candidate for Cellulaze. To best determine if you are, you should have a face to face consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is experienced in the Cellulaze procedure.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Not a good candidate

+1

In my practice I evaluate the patients not only on the physical appearance of the cellulite but also the realistic expectations. I do not do Grade III-c areas. Also if the patient expects a "perfect" result than there is a problem. Thus if you were are severe Grade III than you needed to be explained the limited result to expect. Obviously this did not occur. Send me a PM of who the certified doc was so I might be able to help you. Regards 

What cellulaze is not for...

+1

I'm not sure which post/case to which you are referring.  However, cellulaze is not for clinical scenarios where there is only loose skin and no true cellulite.   In addition, cellulaze is not for patients who need liposuction of deep fat pockets.   Cellulaze is indicate for true cellulite.  Please visit with a board certified PS who performs Cellulaze to learn if you are a good candidate.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS